SBI PO Exam Coaching
SBI PO Coaching Center in Chennai-SBI PO 2018 will be conducted by State Bank of India to select eligible candidates to the post of Probationary Officer. SBI PO is one of the most coveted jobs in Banking industry and a dream job for millions of aspirants across India. SBI PO is considered as a premium job opportunity in Banking sector because of following reasons:
- Brand value of SBI and reputation associated with SBI-PO post.
- Growth opportunities where even a PO can progress to the level of Chairperson.
- Job satisfaction and social prestige.
BIB (Bharath Institute of Banking) is an institute that stands for its name and excellence. We provide expert coaching to the candidates who are interest in banking or insurance sectors. We stand among the best SBI PO Exam Coaching Classes in Chennai. Our highlights include:
- Excellent coaching techniques by industry experts and trainers
- Top notched learning material prepared with the latest course and developments in mind.
- Regular analysis for students and continuous rewards for excellence.
- Feedback and Query solutions to every students problems
SBI PO EXAM
Banking Job Profile
- Bank Jobs are one among the white-collar jobs. These jobs are coveted ones and are considered to be one of the best. If you are interested in finance then bank job will be the best start to your career.
- Bank industry offers high packages. Even if you join as a clerk, you still get lot of additional benefits and allowances other than your salary.
- Promotions are frequent in banks when compared to other jobs.
- After gaining experience for 2 or 3 years, you can switch to foreign banks also which will give you a chance to work abroad and get high pay packages.
- There are many areas in banks where you can specialize yourself. Bank is not just general banking. You can choose various fields like CII(Commercial Industry and Institutions), Foreign Exchange(Forex), Treasury, Agriculture, Loans and advances, Asset Management etc.
- People who work in CII, Treasury, Forex, Loans and Advances have high demands in foreign banks.
- It is the best time for you to take up right decision regarding the preparations studies. (Candidate will be trained to attend all Bank PO & Clerk Exams)
- Plan and make the right choices.
Details for SBI PO Recruitment exams:
Category wise no. of chances to appear in SBI Recruitment exams:
The no. of chances to appear in SBI Recruitment Exams are 4 times for general category, 7 times for General (PWD)/OBC/OBC (PWD) category & no restriction for SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD) category.
Pre-examination training arrangement may be done by SBI may at certain centres for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India.
Selection Procedure for SBI PO Exams
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will beconducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||Questions||Maximum Marks|
Phase-II: Main Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Min|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 min|
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(i) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objectivetest will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase – III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises & Interview under 'OBC' category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the 'Non Creamy layer' clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the 'Non Creamy layer' clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Results of the candidates who have qualified for Group Exercises & Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank's website.
Age of the applicant must not be more than 30 years as of 1st April 2018 and not less than 21 years as of April 2018.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India every year.
The candidates are required to qualify in the Objective Tests by securing passing marks, in each of the tests, to be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level for each category.
Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank including opportunities for postings abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
SBI and SBI Associate Banks:
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
SBI PO Result 2018
The state bank of India will announce SBI PO results in 3 phases to select the suitable candidates. The result of SBI PO prelims, Mains and final interview round to be published as per the official schedule.
- SBI PO preliminary examination result will be out sometime around 17th May 2018.
- SBI PO main examination result will be out somewhere around 19th June 2018.
- Finally the final interview result will be out in the the first week of August 2018.
SBI PO examinations is conducted for the recruitment of personnel for the post of Probationary officer (PO) by State Bank of India (SBI), which is the largest and the oldest recruiting bank in the country
SBI PO Exam Pattern:
This exam consists three phases:-
Prelims (Preliminary Examination) – Phase 1.
Mains Examination – Phase 2.
- 1) Reasoning Ability – (Prelims & Mains)
- 2) Quantitative Aptitude – (Prelims & Mains)
- 3) English Language – (Prelims & Mains)
- 4) General / Economy / Banking Awareness / Current Affairs – (only in Mains)
- 5) Computer Aptitude – (only in Mains)
Personal Interview – Phase 3.
The SBI PO Prelims and Mains exams have type of objective questions such as MCQs in the exam pattern. The following sections are common in the both Prelims and Mains exam, level of the difficulty is higher in the second Phase of the SBI PO exam. The following subjects are included:
The SBI PO job profile basically comprises general banking, bank administration, supervision of the clerical works and working for increasing the bank business level.